Monday, June 21, 2010

Are nail polish remover (stick your finger in) containers used at salons sanitary if used by multiple people?

My salon uses acetone polish remover. I overheard another customer talking that it wasn't sanitary to use the same container as other people. Acetone removes superglue, so what bugs are going to grow in acetone?????Are nail polish remover (stick your finger in) containers used at salons sanitary if used by multiple people?
Acetone kills germs %26amp; bacteria, no worries at all.





Did you ever wonder about how many nails one bottle of polish covers? Same thing, the chemicals in the polish kills germs %26amp; bacteria as well.





When you go to sit down you should see a container that contains impliments, those should contain some sort of santitizer as well. I wouldn't worry about the dangers unless you see the implaments sitting around on the table.





Good Luck,


Stylist %26amp; Manicurist of 9 yrs.Are nail polish remover (stick your finger in) containers used at salons sanitary if used by multiple people?
I don't see any way bacteria can grow in acetone. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you see somebody bleeding into it and you have a cut on your finger, but acetone is not a friendly environment to germs. And always wash your hands no matter what.
fungus is very common in nail salons. Most salons have a extra charge to get your own tools so no one else will use them but you. Now not all salons have this. My friend went to the nail salon all the time and she always used what everyone else used and got very nasty looking nails. They were sticking up and green and brown colored. If you go to a salon alot see if they can get you your own tool set. If not try to find another nail salon!
salons are good. trust me
i always use acetone to remove nail polish unless it comes off by itself. my mom said that if u use it too much, something bad will happen to ur nails i think. always wash ur hands after. u shouldn't think too much about anything bugs and stuff growing in the acetone. and don't let the acetone get on ur skin.good luck! i hope this helps.
I have no idea what acetone is or if it has any disinfecting properties, but even if it doesn't those things are gross and I wouldn't use them.





Just think how unsanitary EVERYTHING is in a salon. Make up...they use the same brushes and makeup on everyone...when is the last time you saw a hairdresser disinfect a hair brush? Please...especially at those cheap $10 hair cut places...talk about passing on lice or psoriasis or whatever. Gross, gross, gross...the less time I spend in places like that the better. I can do my own home treatments!!
acetone is like seriously acid so it basically sanitized and kills everything. I really doubt its unsanitary, probably just some old bitty tryin to start trouble.
probably none!
I don't think any bacteria or anything would survive in there. They use the same nail files on people, that concerns me.
It is fine, because it is topical. It is important that the other tools that could scrape your skin are sterilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles